New Lounger
    Thanks

can't select printers (2003)

When the client opens up an email in Outlook 2003, and does a File|Print, only one
    printer is listed, even though may are installed.

I discovered there is something with the "memo" and "table" mode that
    is going one, but can't figure it out.

He needs to be able to just do a File|Print (or click on the printer
    icon) and have the usual selection of printers.

Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can't select printers (2003)

The user will have to select the applicable printer each time, via the Page Setup | Style | Printer dialog. That's consistent with most MS Office applications.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Are there any other options?

That's WAY too much bother for this fella (the boss) to deal with. He just wants to click, select a printer, and print. That's all. And what's interesting is that another computer in the same group with the same version of outlook does NOT work this way. It comes up with only the memo style listed, and with all printers available in the dropdown.

Further, why is it that with table selected (the default on this computer, apparently), only ONE printer gets listed, the default printer, whereas upon selection memo, all the printers show up? Can we remove the table style somehow?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Table style for messages is only available in the Folder View; it permits printing a list of the e-mails in the folder. A user has to use Memo style to print the content of multiple messages. There are some dialog differences between selecting Print from the Outlook File menu, Print from the Message Window, and Print from right-clicking the selected message(s) in the Folder. From your description I'm assuming the user is printing messages from the Folder view using the main Outlook menu. You might want to see if selecting then right-clicking the messages and selecting Print is more helpful for this user. Otherwise, in the dialogs I have in XP and 2003, the only way to access multiple printers is to select them from the dropdown in the Print dialog, and it's a few clicks either way.

If you want to make it as simple as possible for this user, set the default printer as desired, suggest he/she does not switch among printers, and teach him/her to use the Print Icon or Ctrl-P.

As to why not all printers show in the dropdown, you would need to tell more about the setup of these machines, what printers show as installed in Control Panel, and if the printer list inconsistency is a common difference when other applications for this user are compared to other applications for other users, etc. Outlook has no application-wide printer settings; it uses the default printer set by the user under Start Control Panel | Printers & Faxes, or as selected under the Style at print time. You might be able to set up multiple Print Icons for different Printers with some VBA; I haven't explored the Printers Objects in Outlook's Object model.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Is it possible that some strange setting exists in either the Memo style's Paper tab or somewhere else that causes Windows to think only one printer can handle the job?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I doubt it, because whatever the default printer is set to, that's the one that shows up in the dialog box.

Nice idea, thought...