3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Views Col Widths (2000 & 2002)

According to the MicroSoft Help when you create a custom view one of the features is to includes the Column Widths and Row Heights.
    I have tried several times to save custom views with different column widths and or row heights and it did not work. I tried this on Excel 2000 and 2002 version and have the same results. Does anyone know more about this matter?

Regards,
    TD

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Views Col Widths (2000 & 2002)

AFAIK, only the Excel 2000 help claims that row heights and column widths are saved in a custom view, and this is incorrect - they aren't. I couldn't find such a claim in the Excel 2002 help. Also see this newsgroup thread.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans: Thank you for confirming my observation.

On my version of Excel 2002 if you View > Custom Views and then click the question mark (help) and select the Add button; Microsoft once again declares that rows and columns are part of view, however as you have stated this is not true.

Regards,

TD

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In Excel 2002, the Add dialog for custom views has a check box to include the settings for hidden rows and columns and for filters. That is correct: the hidden status for rows and columns is saved in custom views, and restored if you activate them. But otherwise, row heights and column widths are left as they are.