Lounger
    Thanks

text disappearing (Word 2002 SP2)

We are having a problem with some of our documents in that when you are in Print Layout View sometimes all of the text does not show up. Also does not show up in Print Preview. However, if you switch to Normal View you can see all of the text. Also, no matter which view you are in it prints correctly. We have all HP8150 printers with the latest print drivers loaded on all of them. This is driving some of our users crazy because they love print layout view. Also, when you are scrolling in Print Layout, sometimes the text will appear and disappear right in front of you. We've tried different printers and print drivers. No help. It is very sporadic. Does not happen to all documents. However, once it happens to a document, it sticks with that document. Any help would be appreciated.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: text disappearing (Word 2002 SP2)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Phil Rabichow on 29-Nov-04 13:26. )</P>This combination seems very strange. I could understand that text within text boxes would not show up in normal view, but not the other way around. It also doesn't seem like a print option. Could it be that you have text formatted as hidden, have Tools/Options/Print tab/Drawing objects checked (which would allow it to be printed), but have the Show/Hide button on the Standard Toolbar set to not show hidden text? This could also be a display issue (memory, resources, graphics card or driver). Do you have any add-ins? I would try the steps in <post#=197827>post 197827</post#> if the above suggestions don''t help.

Added: You might also check Tools/Options/Compatibility Options & change the option for Use printer metrics to lay out document. If that doesn't help, change it back.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, djbooks.

This sounds like something we noticed way back when (since Word 7) at our office... I can't find the MSKB article, but we have intermittent display problems. It took us a long time to find it, and of course MS blames the video card manufacturers -- although it happens on various of our configurations.

Anyway, we found that when we change the zoom to less than 95% the issue resolves. If you can't see the zoom box on the standard toolbar (usually at the far right on the topmost toolbar) then it can be accessed at View / Zoom.

I hope this is the issue you're seeing. Good luck!
    Karen

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for you responses on this issue. I tried most of the options that Phil suggested. All but deleting the data. None of them worked. I will try that last option. I also tried what KB suggested. That did not work. I will let you know if deleting the data key works. Thanks again.