Star Lounger
    Thanks

Screensaver Question (2002)

I hope I'm posting to the right place. I'm trying to create a screensaver using PPT slides. I downloaded a program called 1st Studio to create Screensavers from PowerPoint - which is great - however the final product doesn't play when my computer is locked or when I am away.

I then tried to use the Picture Viewer feature in Control Panel - creating slides as JPGs. That works - except that the images appear out of order.

Any ideas on this one?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Screensaver Question (2002)

Which version of Windows are you using?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP

Thanks

Can you confirm the screensaver has been created OK, and runs OK from the XP screensaver setup?

When you say it doesn't run when the pc is locked, do you mean it can't be password protected?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The screensaver runs fine except when the computer is locked (either by the person locking it - or when the PC has been left idle for awhile)

Thanks

Check out:
    MSKB 816563: Screen saver does not work after you lock your Windows 2000 or your Windows XP-based computer.

Can you see if this might apply to your situation? You could perhaps try a standard Windows screensaver as well to determine if it is a 1st Studio issue or an operating system one - we can then move this thread to a more applicable forum.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to your response to Leif's most recent post to see where we go from here to help you resolve the problem. I'm also embarrassed to say that I had something to do with moving your thread here to the Software forum since it doesn't seem to be (necessarily) related to the operating system. I was going to recommend a piece of software that I've had tremendous good luck with over the years, but unfortunately when I went to their web site, the software have evidently been "retired" and may no longer be available. The product I'm talking about is called SST from Midnight Blue Software. I expect you won't be able to find it available eslewhere on the web either, so shame on me! Meanwhile, we'll wait for your next post to see what we can do to help you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just as an FYI, here are some PPT-to-screensaver utilities. Make a screensaver from PowerPoint

However, since you've managed to create a screensaver that works (but locks), that seems a different issue.