New Lounger
    Thanks

Appointments save using system time? (Outlook 2002)

Hi folks.

I have a problem with a guy using Outlook 2002 on an XP box (SP2 installed) in conjunction with an exchange 5.5 server. Every time he creates a new appointment in his calendar and saves it, the appointment moves itself to whatever time is shown on the system clock of his PC and not the time/date specified when he created the app. This even happens when he accepts meeting requests from other people.

This is the case whether I delete his profile and create a new one, whether I remove anything that has any integration with Office programs on his system or even if I completely reinstall Office entirely - with all service packs and updates!

It doesn't happen if I use the PC or if anyone else does, but it does every time for him. It's a real mystery. Would anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Appointments save using system time? (Outlook 2002)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

This problem is mentioned several times in the newsgroups, but without a clear solutions. One suggestion was to start Outlook with the /CleanViews switch, but there was no feedback as to whether it helped. I doubt it, but you might try it, and the /CleanFreeBusy and /CleanReminders switches as well. See OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.

I tried the switches but it didn't work. I ended up creating a new exchange account for the guy and that's fixed the problem. Whether some of the second-party software he'd somehow managed to install had b0rked his exchange account in some way or not I don't know - but every appointment in the damaged account had a small triangular shape in the 'show time as..' field rather than the full block of colour you'd expect.

Anyway, took a pretty drastic measure to fix the issue but it worked eventually.

Cheers!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you were able to fix it. Creating a new account is drastic indeed, but it's often the only way to get rid of intractable problems.