2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office installation from network w/o enter CD-key (SP1)

Hello everybody!

I try to setup a configuration, which enables me to distribute Office XP via a NetInstall routine. Basically, everything works fine. The only problem is, that I have to enter the CD-Key on every installation (means on every computer). I am sure, there must be a way to avoid this, to provide the cd-key with the installation (means w/o entering it on the local machine). Are there any ideas out there?

Any help or hint is appreciated!

Many greetings, Porley

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office installation from network w/o enter CD-

You're saying that you are entering the same CD key for an Office installation on multiple machines?

Could you explain the licencing agreement which allows you to do this?

As far as I am aware, you would have to have a Microsoft Select licence and the accompanying "special" CD -- which would mean you wouldn't have to enter a licence key at all...

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office installation from network w/o enter CD-

John, Corporate licence allows to use the same key on all workstations (within licenced quantity, of course).

Porley, after creating Installation Point (running Office Setup with /a switch) use Custom Installation Wizard from Office Resource Kit to create the transform (.MST file) and merge it into Installation Point as Wizard suggests. Or, you can create multiple MST files for different types of installation (for example, with or without Microsoft Access) and run different kind of installation using the following command:

(Path to Installation Point)setup.exe TRANSFORMS="(Your MST File)" /qb-

qb- swithch suppresses installation dialogs.

Don't forget to merge SP-3 and hotfixes into Installation Point using command

msiexec /a (Your Installation point MSI file) /p (Hotfix MSP file) SHORTFILENAMES=1 /qb+