Star Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrade Outlook XP to Outlook 2003 (Outlook 2002 and 2003)

Because of a host of problems being incurred with Outlook XP/2002 on my machine, my company is having me update my laptop to Outlook 2003; in fact, we'll probably just replace the whole Office XP/2002 suite with Office 2003. That being the case:

1) Am I better off uninstalling the whole Office XP/2002 suite before installing Office 2003, or is it relatively safe to "upgrade" it with original (i.e., non-upgrade) Office 2003 CDs?
    2) If the answer is "yes" to "upgrade" (above), approx. how many Gbs will I need free on the hard drive?
    3) If the answer to #2 is "more than 3 Gb, is it possible (and wise) to only upgrade Office 2002, and leave the rest of the Office XP suite alone?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Upgrade Outlook XP to Outlook 2003 (Outlook 20

Here are the requirements for Office 2003 Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access and Outlook).

Whether the new copy of Office is an "upgrade" version or a "non-upgrade" version, you will be presented with the option to "upgrade" your existing installation of Office XP. This option will install the new version of Office based on your current configuration and will remove the previous version. Personally, I prefer the "Custom" install. This allows you to choose from a list of every available feature and component of each of the Office programs, the location where the programs are to be installed and the option to keep or remove previous versions of the Office programs.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions