2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do I (VBA/Access 2002)

I have a couple questions.

How do I rename a module?

Can I display a list of field names in the VBA editor? When using the fields collection or a recordset I'd like a list box of fields. I have a function that prints them, just wondering if there's an easier way.

Is there a way to have basic exception handlers added every time I create a new procedure or function myself?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How do I (VBA/Access 2002)

To rename a module just open the Project and Properties windows, select the module, and in the Properties Window, type in a new name. Check out the view menu, it should give you at least some of the info you're looking for. I'm not sure of the basic exceptions...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can rename a module by selecting the module in the database window, right-clicking it, and selecting Rename from the context menu.

You can't display a list of field names in the VBA Editor, but intellisense will give you a list of members when you're referring to a form's controls and its underlying recordset.

Download and install MZ-Tools 3.0, which is freeware. Among its tools is an error handler template which you can customize for this purpose.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> How do I rename a module?

In the Modules section of the database window, select a module and press F2 to edit the name. In the Visual Basic Editor, select a module in the Project Explorer, then edit the (Name) property in the Properties window/pane.

> Can I display a list of field names in the VBA editor? When using the fields collection or a recordset I'd like a list box of fields. I have a function that prints them, just wondering if there's an easier way.

When working in a form or report module, IntelliSense lists fields (among many other things) when you type Me followed by a period. Otherwise, the answer is no. The Visual Basic Editor has no way of knowing which fields belong to a recordset object, since it is created in runtime.

> Is there a way to have basic exception handlers added every time I create a new procedure or function myself?

See for example MZTools, a free add-in with this capability and lots more.