Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date Calculation Discussions (1.00)

Hi Rayna,

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Macropod is not available at the moment. What is the data source of your mail merge? If it is an Excel spreadsheet or a database table/query (for example in an Access database), it's much more convenient to perform the calculations in the data source (by adding an extra column).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sadly, the data charges are variable. The data comes into the document with a start date, and different clients need different calculations performed in that field (and others), ergo my need to learn how to do this manipulation.

Also, the query that imports the data is static and build by my development team. I can't alter it at will, I am afraid.

So, what do you think?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try changing the formula near the end of the field code from

=dd*10^6+mm*10^4+yy

to

=mm*10^6+dd*10^4+yy

If that doesn't help, can you tell us what the date format on your system is? Is the order MDY as in the US, or DMY as in the UK, or YMD?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your help. Sadly, I still am having trouble. I have asked the doc to get me 14 days from a day in June 2006 and it's giving me a date in 2137.

If I could figure out how to get the code into this window I would do so. But am trying to attach a word document with the code and hope that works. What I *really* need is to get 30 days before the merge field date, but I am confused at this point. Clearly, as intelligent as I can be, I am dense in this regard!

Anything you can tell me would be MUCH appreciated.

THANK YOU!!
    Rayna
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Rayna,

Your field codes aren't quite correct. Try copying the 2nd field from the attached document into yours to see if it works. Warning: the field will not display a correct value when you open the attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I have no words!!! Thank you so very much for all your help....it works like a charm! I could never have done this on my own.

Best Regards and even more thanks!
    Rayna

PS - I am looking (at the request of my boss) to learn more Word "programming". I don't exactly need "Word for Dummies", but I will need an intermediate book. Can you recommend one, perchance? I found one called "Word - Inside and Out", but I am not sure if that's what I need. If you can't, no problem...you just seem to know so much! Thanks again!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See for example the threads starting at <post#=70521>post 70521</post#> and <post#=142298>post 142298</post#>. Although not quite up-to-date, both contain links to resources and books.

New Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by samkat on 27-Aug-06 15:33. Figured it out.)</P>This is exactly what I had been looking for! I've created a form, and using these instructions, I've been successful in having the form calculate the number of years, months and days between two dates. I have one question though, and if it's been asked, I apologize, but I haven't been able to find it . . .

Is it possible to have the years, months and days reset to "0" when the document is opened?

Never mind . . . I figured it out. It was just the way I had it saved. Duh! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks though!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This thread has become very long too. The 'Date Calculation Discussions' can be continued in the thread starting at <post:=595,560>post 595,560</post:>.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234