5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Filter excluding? (Office XP)

So I realize I'm asking very basic questions.....how do you filter a query excluding a certain value?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Filter excluding? (Office XP)

Select the value you want to exclude, then either right-click and select Filter Excluding Selection from the popup menu, or select Records | Filter | Filter Excluding Selection.

If you use this often, you can create a toolbar button for Filter Excluding Selection:
    - Open a form in form view.
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Activate the Commands tab.
    - Select Records in the list of Categories.
    - Select Filter Excluding Selection in the list of Commands.
    - Drag it to the toolbar, next to the Filter by Selection button.
    - There is no built-in icon for this button, if you want one, you must create it yourself, or use the one I attached.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No No No, I understand the whole right-click action...I should have been more clear....I want the default view for the query to show excluding a certain value, so I can make a report from it. I want to make a report filtering out certain values.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Some examples:
    To select records for all countries except Tajikistan, enter <code>Not "Tajikistan"</code> in the criteria row for the Country field, or <code><> "Tajikistan"</code>
    To select records for all countries except Botswana, Kyrgyzstan and Poland, enter <code>Not In ("Botswana", "Kyrgyzstan", "Poland")</code> in the criteria line.
    To select records for all countries whose name does not begin with the letter "U", enter <code>Not Like "U*"</code> in the criteria line.
    If you want something else, please provide details.