Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SharePoint TeamServices

as long as the provider has the proper extensions, it can be hosted anywhere. using a local server is generally faster and depending on the os and office versions, you may have the appropraite server software, as long as you have a computer capable of running it (enough ram is most important)

Lounger
    Thanks

Could you please specify on "the proper extensions"? And does "using a local server" with mobile users being not directly connected to the company-network mean that this server has to be connected to the internet with a permanent line?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

mobil users will need to have outside access - so it won't work on a local lan.

you'll need a win2000 IIS server with front page 2002 extensions or team services and an SQL server to use team services.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sharepoint/admindoc/>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sharepoint/admindoc/</A>

Lounger
    Thanks

SharePoint TeamServices (XP)

I intend to use SPTS to share word documents in a team in order to have a file locked if one member is editing it on his computer.
    Now I read in the techNet pages that SPTS would build a website to function which leads me to the following question:
    Do I need a webserver of my own or can I use webspace at my domain with some provider. Does that provider have to fulfill special requirements like using an NT-server or having some server extensions installed?