Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Unicode characters in a macro (Word 2002 SP3)

I need to write a macro to replace occurrences of a certain character with Unicode value 9250 (decimal), which is a standard symbol used to represent a blank space. I create the symbol in document by pressing ALT+9250, which produces the symbol from the Lucida Sans Unicode font. But I can't find how to create the character in code. The ChrW function produces a character that appears onscreen as a box (undisplayable character?), but VBA seems to think that this "box" is actually an ASCII 63. I have no idea why.

So, in summary, I need to replace character X with a Unicode character 9250. Does anyone know how? I'd be all too happy to do it using the Find/Replace feature, but it doesn't seem possible that way. Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Unicode characters in a macro (Word 2002 SP3)

For me, using ChrW(9250) in VBA code results in the same character in the document as typing Alt+9250 directly into the document. The character is attached below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (1.2 KB, 4 views)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Unicode characters in a macro (Word

Thanks, Hans. The problem was that the paragraph I was in did not use a Unicode font, hence the unexpected results.