Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to send (2003)

I am trying to send an email, and it won't leave my Outbox although a message sent to the same address a bit earlier in the day encountered no trouble.

I can think of nothing I have done that would alter my Outlook, and a test message to myself comes back normally. I don't know anything about bounced messages, but do some organizations flip a switch at the end of the day as a Closed for the Day sign? Can anyone suggest a possible source of trouble?

Thanks

Re: Unable to send (2003)

In the bad old days of Outlook 97-2000, there would occasionally be a "stuck" message in the Outbox that could never be removed and would block the sending of all messages. Hopefully you do not have that problem!

If there were a problem on the receiving end -- at the recipient's mail server -- that normally would show up as a message back from your mail server saying that it could not deliver the message within a certain amount of time; only a problem on your own mail server should cause a message to stay in the Outbox indefinitely. That or some problem with the message itself. If you can, try to create an identical new message and see if that one will go through.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unable to send (2003)

I followed your suggestion, deleting the old and sending it as a new message, and I am happy to report that it worked like magic. Thank you very much.