Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Contacts in Address Book

Names are properly listed LName, FName in contact lists in Outlook but have Fname first when accessed via address book in word. This is inconvenient. Is there any way to correct this?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Contacts in Address Book

Hi Sam,
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but in
    Outlook, try Tools>Options>Preferences>Contacts>Contact Options...> Default "Full Name" order.

Good Luck!
    Mark

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello, Mark. While that will reorder the listings in Contacts, I think what Sam is looking for is the ability to sort Word's view of the Contacts by last name. I unfortunately can't check this at home because I don't use Outlook at home, and have never enabled the feature (I don't correspond much via snail-mail).
    Karen

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In Outlook, go to Tools/Services/Outlook Address Book/Properties. At the bottom of the Properties, change the order from the default (first last) to File As (last,first).

The change will not be completed until you exit Outlook and restart.
    egghead

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Sam,
    I don't think the Select Names dialog box that you see in Word uses the order as set under Tools, Options, Contact Options. From what I have read and used the name that you actually see is whatever is set under the Subject field. By default the subject field is filled in when you create a new contact with the contact name, in the order (last name, first name) that you have set under your Contact Options preferences. To modify a specific Contact's subject field:

1 - open the contact
    2 - click on to the All Fields tab
    3 - select All Contact Fields
    4 - scroll down and you will find the Subject field - whatever is in here is what you will see in the Select Name dialog box that Word accesses when you click on to the Address book icon.

As far as I am aware there is no way to modify all your Contacts - you need to do each one individually. Sorry to be so depressing!