Thread: format cells

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: format cells

Do you mean there are a possible 10 colors that a cell can take on ?

How are the cells populated, do you use a formula to generate a random number ?. If so would you be prepared to use a macro instead, which could ,as well as returning a random number, also set the cell to a pre arranged color dependending on the value ?

It is best if you do not start a new thread when you are referring to an existing post. You can reply to the original thread, even if it means replying to yourself. That way all the details are available to anyone reading. As soon a post gets a reply, it goes to the top of the Q, so to speak, so your latest remarks will not get lost.

Andrew C

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: format cells

how do i use an if statement in a macro.

i'm using 10 colors
    so i cant use conditional formatting as it only allows me to use 3 colors unless i can apply conditional formatting to a different cell

New Lounger
    Thanks

format cells

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by WebGenii on 20-May-01 16:18.</FONT></P>in my <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=xl&Number=39851&Search= true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=srg1954&Match=Username &Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=39851>pre v post</A> i forgot to mention that i need to do this for 10 numbers selected at random.
    i have the random part
    just can't get the formatting.
    can't use conditional because it only handles 3