4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Media Player Full Screen (2000/SP1)

I have a Windows Media Player movie that I can run from my slideshow. I have a hyperlink set up so that when I click on it, the movie starts. All is fine, except that when Media Player starts, it's a little, tiny box. How can I get it set up so that it will run full screen automatically? Thanks for your help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Media Player Full Screen (2000/SP1)

If I'm not mistaken, you'd need to set WMP to play at full screen. So open WMP and hit Alt+Enter to play full-screen.

That may not work, though. How did you insert the file into PPT?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's almost like it is a setting within the video file that reduces the player screen. I set up WMP to open full screen, and it does, but as soon as the video started playing, it went back to a small screen.

What I ended up doing is just Inserting the file, (Insert, Movies and Sound, Movie from File) into my presentation and that worked much better anyway. I was able to start and stop the video when needed. The slide would not advance, so i just inserted an Action Button and that worked very well. Thanks for the help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for letting us know you got it worked out.

It may be that WMP defaults to the specific size of the video. In other words, if your video wasn't rendered at 800x600 or 1024x768 or whatever, WMP won't auto-force it to full-screen. I don't know for sure, though.