3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Make shapes appear on multiple pages (2000)

Whoa, quiet forum.

I've just buit a sort of flow chart. I want to duplicate it on to three other pages and create a different set of annotations for each page. What I'd LIKE to do is have the flow chart act as a sort of background that remains independant of each page. In other words, I want to make a change on one page and have it appear on every other page. Whaddaya think?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Make shapes appear on multiple pages (2000)

I can't remember exactly where this was on Visio 2000 menus. But I am pretty sure that Background pages existed already.

On Visio 2003 you create a new page of type Background, put your common elements on that page, and then in the page properties of the other pages you assign the correct background page.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's almost it!

Yup, it's background pages all right. I've set it up, but realize that it COULD be better. The problem is that the background page really is a background. I can't make a change on the current page and have it update the background. OK, no big deal, but this is where things get interesting: I want to attach shapes to my background shapes, but I can't.

Layers might prove useful but for the fact they only appear on one page. I could live with that if there was an easy way to turn layers on and off (like a drop-down or toggle). I guess this will be another item on the ol' wish list.