3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Very slow start up (Excel 97 sr2)

No luck in searching for a solution so,...
    On starting Excel application (either by clicking on file or using programs/office/excel), it is very very slow to open.
    The initial window opens to fill the screen and the status bar indicates the add-ins which are being opened.
    The progress bar starts to show blocks when opening funcres.xla but then takes extremely long time to complete.
    The application also has moments when no response at all so got to close application via task manager (or right mouse task bar icon and close).

In task manager, the Excel application is taking 12,360 - is this average?
    Task manager also sometimes shows two instances of Excel application running at same time, although only one window open.
    I am just about to try opening Excel (after three unseccesful attempts) and taking add-ins out then see what that does to start ups.

In the meantime, any thoughts/solutions?

TIA
    Alan
    Cheshire
    UK

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Very slow start up (Excel 97 sr2)

Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post> may help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Very slow start up (Excel 97 sr2)

Thanks Hans,
    I'm just going through some of the "tests" and was impresed by the immediate improvement.
    Unfortunately it was short lived because the following files were stradily getting slower to open.
    I'll keep chipping away at it and it's either me or the Excel that'll give up.
    Cheers

Alan
    Cheshire
    UK