Star Lounger
    Thanks

Zoom + new window

I'm using O2K
    When i open a new window in Excel, Zoom setting goes to 100%, even though the setting (of all shhets of file concerned) is 80% - this is annoying. Is there a fix?
    Thanks

Ken

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Zoom + new window

the Rube Goldberg method would be to create a one sheet workbook, set the zoom (and any other properties) to your liking, and save the workbook as a template named "Sheet.xlt" in the XLStart folder (usually'C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeXLStart')
    Then whenever you insert a sheet in a workbook, it will have the settings of 'Sheet.xlt'

HTH

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That doesn't work. I have both Sheet.xlt and Book.xlt set to 80% and both work correctly. However if I press New Window on a sheet set at 80% the new window comes up at 100%. This is XL97 SR2. Incidentally what is New Window used for? Help is most unhelpful on NW.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Window opens a new window on the current workbook. The only use I have found for it is to look at two different sheets in the same workbook at the same time by using Window | Arrange and checking the "Windows of Active Workbook" check box.

Ken