Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Calendars (Outlook 2003)

What exactly is it that you don't want or like? If they are relevant, here are a couple of things to consider: you may have multiple Calendars in your mailboxes and PSTs, which are all being displayed, and you may have added Calenders using the Open Shared Calendar menu. You can remove unwanted Calendars from view by right clicking the Calendar Folder icon on the left side and selecting the "remove from the list of Calendars" option (I can't recall the exact text of the pop-up menu item as right now I don't have access to Office 2003). Also, if you do not want to see holidays, there are View menu options to View only appointments and Events which you can explore. If this doesn't help, post back.

P.S., please shrink and crop your attached graphics down to about 640x 480 so they do not distort the post window size at 800 x 600 resolution. See the Star Posts in the Lounge Matters Forum for more information.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Calendars (Outlook 2003)

Edited by <!profile=StuartR>StuartR<!/profile> to reduce size of graphic

I have encountered an annoying problem whenever I go from any Outlook 2003 function to "Calendar." The Calendar that opens lists all the holidays. I click on another calendar that gives me an empty calendar, then one of the radio buttons that puts my real calendar and the empty one side by side, and finally click off the empty one. As it only consumes a few seconds each time, I haven't tried to resolve it, but this seems very clumsy. Why is Outlook doing this? Is there a way that I can have it just show me my real calendar when I click on "Calendar"?

I've attached a screen shot showing what comes up first. I have screen shots of the succeeding steps, but apparently can only post one attachment per post. So, I'll hold those unless necessary to clarify the problem.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for your response. I would like the display that shows first to be my calendar with my appointments on it. I used some of the methods you suggested, and still get that long list of holidays first.

I apologize for the big graphic. I had no idea it would appear in the post at its original size. I assumed it would be an attachment to the post that one would have to download to view. I've gone back and attached a smaller version.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you still get a Calendar that is not 'yours'? Outlook doesn't really know the difference between imported Holidays and your personal entered/accepted Appointments, Meetings, and All day Events. Have you filtered the Calendar view for items that start on or after Today and sorted it by Date ascending? Have you tried one of the Day/Week/Month Views rather than a table View?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. It was getting out of the table view that was the problem. I don't know how I got there originally, and it took a while to find out how to switch to the Day view, but now it's done.