4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

vba coding (2000)

Hi, in an event click property I have an email that opens and is pre populated with detail taken from fields on the database form, there is a free format section on the e mail. I have a message the currently appears at the head of the e mail "PLEASE INFORM THL IF BUSINESS ACQUIRED", I require this message to sit after the free fromat text iei at the bottom of the email, the message needs to be in red and bold. this is my current code, how can I modify to get desired result?

If MsgBox("Is this a genuine First Contact IFA lead?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion) = vbYes Then
    ' to populate e mail
    DoCmd.SendObject To:="", Subject:="IFA Lead Information From the Technical Helpline", _
    MessageText:=vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "PLEASE INFORM THL IF BUSINESS ACQUIRED" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "IFA Office:" & " " & Me![IFACustomer] _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Contact Detail:" & " " & Me!txtIFAName & " " & txtIFASurname _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Client:" & " " & Me![pholder] _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Quote/Business Details:" _
    , EditMessage:=True
    ElseIf vbNo Then
    Me.contact = 2
    End If

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: vba coding (2000)

It is easy to move the line "PLEASE INFORM..." to the end:

MessageText:=vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "IFA Office:" & " " & Me![IFACustomer] _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Contact Detail:" & " " & Me!txtIFAName & " " & txtIFASurname _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Client:" & " " & Me![pholder] _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Quote/Business Details:"
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "PLEASE INFORM THL IF BUSINESS ACQUIRED" _

You may have to adjust the number of vbCrLf's. There is no way to make the message red and bold, for SendObject always creates an e-mail in plain text format, regardless of your default e-mail format in Outlook. If you really need to format the message, you would need to use Automation to control Outlook from Access, and set the HTMLBody of the e-mail message. But that is a lot of work.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: vba coding (2000)

Cheers Hans, thought it was and tried that previously, clealry I wasn't doing it quite right.

Thanks again Darren.