Thanks

Replies blocked by firewall

After using the Lounge for many months with no problems (with this same WinXP Pro PC), in the past week I've had intermittent problems replying to posts because Norton Personal Firewall blocks the process, with this explanation:

Attempted Intrusion "BAT_Execution_Via_HTTP" from your machine against wopr.com(66.93.85.138) was detected and blocked
    Intruder: 0.0.0.0(1884)
    Risk Level: Medium
    Protocol: TCP
    Attacked IP: wopr.com(66.93.85.138)
    Attacked Port: http(80)

Anyone know why I'm suddenly having this problem, and/or what I can do to make it go away?

Thanks

Re: Replies blocked by firewall

It occurs to me that it may be (not 100% sure, but I think probably) that each time this has happened I've been trying to reply to a post that has "autoexec.bat" in the title of the thread, so I suspect that may be what's throwing NPF off. If you're reading this post, it means this reply went through fine.

I should have noted in my original post that, when I'm having the problem, the blocking occurs when I hit either the Preview or the Post It button.

ADDED LATER: And I can now report that I was able to reply to the "autoexec.bat" post without encountering the block by changing "autoexec.bat" to "autoexecbat" (i.e., removing the dot) in the Subject box.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Replies blocked by firewall

Lovely! You might want to post the information in the SafeComputing forum as well, since it involves the Norton Firewall.
    Charlotte