4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Address Book 'Contacts' shuts down Outlook (?)

People,

A friend of mine asked me this question about her Address Book (in Outlook) on her work computer; & it really stumped me...so I thought someone here might have run across it, or knew of an answer:

She opens her Address Book in Outlook; & her Contacts aren't listed. She hits the Contacts button; & gets an error message that states something about a problem with an executable file. She hits OK; & Outlook shuts down.

Has anyone ever heard of this? This is not a common problem, right?

Thanks for any help,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address Book 'Contacts' shuts down Outlook (?)

No, it's a weird problem. Is her Contacts Folder her only address book? Has she set up the Contacts Folder as an Address Book in accordance with Jefferson's <!post=StarPost,334705>StarPost<!/post>? Has she made any significant chnages to her folder structure or recreated or relocated her PST lately?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm thinking that something has occurred to her set-up. Try right-clicking on the Outlook shortcut on the Desktop and choosing Properties. Depending on what version you are working on, you need to access the Outlook Address Book settings. Remove the Outlook Address Book, then add it back in. Start Outlook and open the Address Book... if you get the same error message, it could be that the PST has become corrupt - if she is not working on an exchange server - the mailbox is contained in a PST. You may want to run the scanpst.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;287497 to fix the problem - if the PST has become oversized, there is also a utility to fix this problem - it can be found at the end of the article above.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

JohnBF & tkrokosh,

I'll ask her more specific questions; & get back.

Thanks very much,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012