New Lounger
    Thanks

Standardized header/footer on mult. docs? (2003)

I have several hundred 1-2 page documents (medical protocols) to which I need to apply a standardized header, footer, and page border. I've created a new template, but it doesn't apply the header/footer/border, just the text formatting. Any suggestions that will enable me to do this quickly would be great. I'm hoping that I don't have to edit each and every one with an old fashioned "cut and paste".

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Standardized header/footer on mult. docs? (200

You will need to use a macro to perform this task and it will be made considerably more complex if you have section breaks in your documents.

I would do it by adding the desired header and footer as autotext entries in the template, create a macro to replace the existing header and footer with the autotext entry and then set this macro up to run as a batch process to automatically modify each file in a specific directory.

This will require fairly extensive knowledge to do this but is achievable and code has been posted here in this forum to help with the last step.

If you construct your headers and footers correctly using document properties and/or filename fields then they can automatically adjust themselves so that you end up with headers and footers that are 'exactly' the same - they usually need to be specific to the file to help you find the soft copy from the printed hard copy.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Standardized header/footer on mult. docs? (200

Thanks, Andrew. Sounds like it will be a bit of work, but infinitely easier than manually cutting and pasting header/footer to each of 200+ documents.