Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing Newsgroups (Outlook 2003)

Hello,

I just realized that I no longer have access to Newsgroups from Outlook 2003. It is no longer listed under the "Go" Menu nor is it on the customize list for Go. Any ideas? I did just upgrade to Norton Internet Security and don't know if that has anything to do with it. I haven't used Newsgroups for a few months, so have no idea when it disappeared.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing Newsgroups (Outlook 2003)

Perhaps you need to add Newdsgroups to the Go menu again - see Start the newsgroup reader. Click "Show all" to see instructions.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing Newsgroups (Outlook 2003)

Hi Hans,

This is too weird. Someone else told me to go to Tools and then Options on my browser and add newsgroups to one of those tabs, which I did. Before that, I could find "news" nowhere on my Outlook tool bar, under "Go" or under customizations. Once I added it under options on my browser, it magically appeared in my customize window and then I was able to follow the instructions on the site that you gave me and there it was under customize where it had not been before. I added "news" to my Go menu and now everything seems fine. It appeared on the menu bar too once I added it going into my browser options. I'm confused but happy that I now have newsgroups back again :-) Between Newsgroups and wopr, I can always find an answer to my problems.

Thanks again, Hans.

Marilyn