2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edit Legend Lables (2000)

Hi all,
    I have added a legend to a chart I have created. When added to the chart, the default labels are Series 1 and Series 2. I need to edit these labels to reflect something more appropriate but I cannot work out how to do it. A right click of the legend reveals nothing useful.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

Bill

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit Legend Lables (2000)

If you already have the chart created, select it then click the Chart Wizard button on the toolbar. Click Next > then the Series tab. There you can enter the Names you want for each series.

Alan

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit Legend Lables (2000)

Hi Bnorthby,

The reason you end up with Series 1... labels is that you did not include the Column and Row labels from your spreadsheet into the selection when you set up the chart. If you select just the numerical data, the chart has no reference to any labels and ends up putting Series values into the legend and on the X-axis.
    To sort out this problem, always select the labels and the values. then the chart will plot the labels correctly.
    If your labels are not adjacent to the values (ie. there are blank rows/columns between the values and the labels) then you should use non-adjacent selection techniques to STILL select the labels and values. (Use CTRL and the mouse to select non-adjacent cells).
    This should sort out the root of your problem.
    Regards,
    Rudi