3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recover deleted items not recovered (Outlook 2003/SP1)

Running Outlook 2003/SP1 with Exchange 2000. Some users are saying that when they "recover deleted items, they can then not find the items. They have gone out of and back into deleted items, but it is still not there. Has anyone seen this behavior or have any suggestions?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recover deleted items not recovered (Outlook 2003/SP1)

More information - this is only happening with users in Cached mode. Even doing a send/received does not update the deleted items folder. Besides the obivious of don't use cached mode (I want the junk filter to work and I have a number of laptop users), and other ideas.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recover deleted items not recovered (Outlook 2003/SP1)

Darryl, I assume this is the Exchange server deleted items recovery capability (dumpster.ecf) you are asking about, correct? Since switching to 2003 and using cached mode I have noticed that there are delays before deleted items show up in the deleted items recovery dialog, but no delay when I recover from that dialog, and my items always are returned to the Deleted Items Folder. Do these users have any Rules or Options Settings that might be causing unusual behavior? What I'd try is a test delete and recover on one of the machines, using an unusual item Subject name, and then use Advanced Search starting at the top of the Information Store to see if that Subject appears anywhere in the information store.

(P.S., I believe it's not a good idea to turn off cached mode.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS