2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange printer operation

I recently purchased a new printer and installed it along with my old one which is a Lexmark Z42. The new HP 3650 is hooked up by USB and the Z42 is to LPT. I am using XP Home SP2.

Both the printers are working, but the Z42 seems to want to be powered down after most, but not all prints. When it hangs, as soon as the power is back on it prints out the page that I had attempted to print.
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2

Thanks

Re: Strange printer operation

A friend of mine had a Lexmark problem similar to what you describe. The Lexmark was a Z84 ( I think ) parallel port type and also a Canon USB type.
    The printer would seem to print what it wanted and when it wanted. The Canon was OK.

After working with the Lexmark tech support people ( who had a strong Indian accent and were hard to understand to say the least. ) It was determined that the printer was indeed defective and needed to be replaced. No other details were given beyond the fact that it was a dud.

I don't know if this is the fact with your Lexmark but I would suggest a call to the Lexmark people. ( good luck )
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange printer operation

Thanks for your reply.
    I doubt that my printer is defective, unless it can be the parallel port only. It was working just fine untill I installed the new one and switched it to the parallel port. I'll have to try it on the usb again just for kicks.
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2