3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table styles - how to? (W-XP, O2003)

Hi,

Recently we have converted to O2003.

I've noticed the new table styles and tried to use them consistently and are about to build some templates.

But - here comes the puzzling part...

Tables do often have more than 1 header row, but it seems to me that I am not allowed to apply my "header row" styles to more than 1 row at the top of the tables.

So how do I format a table with eg. 8 rows and 5 columns... - of which rows 1&2 are header rows.

Can I use table styles for this... - or do I have to return to the "old" fashioned paragraph styles.
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table styles - how to? (W-XP, O2003)

Does this newsgroup post help?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It gives a suggestion, but I tend not to agree with Cindy.

I've tested this on multiple tables with many rows and cannot agree to the answer.
    What I've tried to do was:

1. Create a table style that first applies to the entire table with a vague faded color as background + Arial 8
    2. Create one more table style that applies only to "Header row" + Arial 8 Bold

First apply style 1 then style 2.

For simple tables with a single row this works fine, but when I have multiple header rows, it doesn't work
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You only need a single table style, which can be an existing one or a new one. Right-click the table style and select Modify...
    First, with "Apply formatting in" set to "Whole table", specify the formatting for the "normal" rows.
    Next, set "Apply formatting in" to "Header row" and specify formatting for the header rows.
    Click OK. The header row formatting will probably be applied to the first row only, but don't worry.
    Select the rows at the top that you want to be header rows, and select Table | Heading Rows Repeat. The header row formatting will now be applied to the selected rows.