New Lounger
    Thanks

Line/Bar Chart (2002-SP2)

I have a problem. I have a spreadsheet that I need to add a stacked bar chart along with a line. What I want to do is have the Refunds and Transfers Requested on one bar, stacked; the Refunds and Transfers Rejected on a bar, stacked; then I want the Refund Amount on the right as a Line.

Is this possible? how can I do this? It's driving me crazy. Attached is the spreadsheet I'm working on.

THANKS,
    Robin

Thanks

Re: Line/Bar Chart (2002-SP2)

Check out <post#=432082>post 432082</post#> and the responses. The same techniques / setups can be used in your case.

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried that - actually tried to copy it into mine but it doesn't work. It either puts all the Refunds/Transfers Rejected and Requested on the same stacked bar with the line WAY up above it, or puts the Transfers as a line and the Refunds as the bars.

I need the Refund Amount on the right column as that number is in the $100k's, while the numbers requested are rather small.

Thanks

<hr>I have tried that <hr>

Tried "what"? The post referenced, had 2 different ways (and also some tweaks). The method I proposed (in <post#=432116>post 432116</post#>) with a revamp of the data is adaptable directly. The line data needs to be assigned to the sec axis and mad a line chart. The other is the same Stacked data chart with 4 different ranges (you will have to add the 4th and place in in the same row with COl#3). COls1/2 form the first stack (the other 2 cols are zero in that row) and Cols 3/4 form the 2nd stack (the first 2 cols in these rows are zero)

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

I've tried modifying my data to fit into the spreadsheet that you had on the forum. I had used it as a template before posting my question. I still cannot make this do what I need it to do. I have VERY little experience with charts, and those have been simple charts. This one is driving me crazy. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Is this what you are after?

Steve