5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drop Down List (2003)

I previously had a problem with a dropdown list, which I had help with, and it works fine (see <post#=377687>post 377687</post#>). I've got a similar problem in another form. This time I want to take names from a table of personnel, and put it in two different fields (Originater and Person Responsible). A different name could be in each field, but will come from the same table. I've used the same method as before, and it seems to work, but when I run the report, the names don't appear. Is there an easy way to resolve this?

Rob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drop Down List (2003)

I'm confused. You write that you have a problem in a form, but that the names don't appear in a report. Could you describe the situation in more detail?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry. I have a form with 2 fields in it (Person Responsible, Originator). The names that fill these fields come from another table (Personnel). I have code in the fields on the main form that adds a name to the table if it isn't already in (see post 377687). This works fine. The names are added to the table, and appear in the form every time it is opened. From the form, we create a report, and the problem is, that the names don't appear on the report. Is it because they are shared?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What happens if you add a name, close the form, reopen it, then open the report? Does the new name appear in the report, or is it still missing?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, it's still missing

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Did you have some where clause in the report that filter the table ? Could it be that some other fields has to be filled before it appear in the report ?
    Francois

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There must be a difference between the record source or in the filter of the form and of the report. If you can't find the cause there, could you post a stripped down copy of the database? That would allow Loungers to investigate the problem directly. See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.