Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2003 (2003)

First, make sure that the database does not use features that were introduced after Access 97, such as pivot charts.
    If possible, avoid code using ADO. DAO is alright.
    Then, select Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database | To Access 97 file format...
    You'll be prompted to provide a name for the converted database.
    If all goes well, users with Access 97 should be able to open the converted database without problems.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am very new to Access so forgive me if I sound redundant.

If understand what you're saying if I take a copy of my 97 database home, open it with 2003 and make any changes that need to be made then be sure to "convert to" 97 and take that copy back to work if everything goes well we should be able to use the database. As long as I do not introduce any features that were not present in Access 97.

Heath

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When you open an Access 97 database in Access 2003, you'll be prompted whether you want to open it (you can edit data but you can't change the design of the database) or convert it. Choose convert. You'll have to specify a name for the converted database.
    You can then make changes in the design of the converted database, and at the end convert it back to Access 97 format, and Access 97 users will be able to use it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I needed to know.
    Heath

New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2003 to Access 97 (2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by WendellB on 16-Dec-04 15:10. Make the title a bit more meaningful)</P>Microsoft support says that if I create a database in 2003 that I can "save as" Access 97 Database. Is This True?

If I can save it that way will anyone that uses Access 97 be able to open and use that database to create their queries etc.? Since I cannot find a legitimate copy of Access 97 to install I am wondering if this will work.
    Heath