Star Lounger
    Thanks

Meeting Update/cancellation (2003)

I invited 15 people to a meeting a got 10 replies.

I sent a message to the 5 who didn't repond by 1) opening the meeting on my calendar, 2) deleting the people who had accepted from the TO: line (leaving the 5 who had not responded). 3) adding a comment:"are you planning to attend?" to the previous meeting message and 4) hitting SEND UPDATE. I did it this way so the updated people would know what meeting I was asking about.

Immediately all ten who had replied to the original message got a message saying the meeting had been cancelled.

Is there a correct way to update a subgroup of the original invitees from within the event. I want to avoid having to cut and paste the content of the original message.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Meeting Update/cancellation (2003)

Thanks John. Your way is most elegant and does the trick.
    Susan

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Meeting Update/cancellation (2003)

The five recipients who haven't responded either deleted the meeting invitation without replying, or it is sitting in their inbox. The direct way to do what you are asking for is a bit round-about, and I wouldn't use it. I'd open the Invitation and use Actions | Reply All, then edit the recipients down to the non-respondents, and ask them via a message if they plan to attend. To do you what you are asking you could try this: delete the non-respondents from the invitation, and save it, at which time you'll be asked if you want to send an update, say no, and close it. Then reopen it, add the five non-respondents anew, and when you save it you'll have the option to send the meeting invitation only to the 'new' invitees. (I can't recreate the exact menu options and dialogs without messing up one of my real meetings.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS