2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Embedding an image (2003)

I have a form with an bound object frame linked with an OLE object field. When I am in form view I insert an imageby using the insert object from file and by selecting a .bmp file. On the form, the image appears like a small thumbail with his name below. Why I don't just have the picture?
    Marcel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embedding an image (2003)

In the Insert Object dialog, there is a check box "Display as Icon". If you tick this check box, you'll see an icon with a caption underneath it. Otherwise, you should see the image itself.

By the way, it is not a good idea to store images in an OLE field. It will cause your database to grow tremendously in size, for Access stores an uncompressed bitmap of each image. The recommended approach is to store the path and filename of the image in a text field in the database, and to use a standard image control (not an umbound OLE control) and some VBA code to display the image. The database attached to <post#=296892>post 296892</post#> demonstrates how to do this in a form and in a report.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

The check box "display as an icon" is unchecked when I insert the picture.
    The reason that I use this embedding pictures is because there is some confidential information and I prefer to have them in the database.
    Marcel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The only other explanation I can think of is that the .bmp file type is associated (in Windows) with an application that displays thumbnails.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edited by HansV to provide link to post: use <!t>[post#=234004]<!/t>. See <!help=19>Help 19<!/help> for instructions.

I have found the answer to my problem. It is due to the Microsoft Object Packager. You can see the link below (I don't know how to add a link to an existing post)
    <post#=234004>post 234004</post#>.

Regards,
    Marcel