Gold Lounger
    Thanks

WHO IS THE WINNER?

I have on my home pc a win2000 prof, and my idea is to update my pc with XP+spk2, your suggestion?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WHO IS THE WINNER?

How much RAM memory do you have? Windows XP will run on 256 MB, but it starts feeling comfortable at 512 MB, and more is better.

If you do have enough memory, Windows XP is a good choice; it is more suitable for a home PC than Windows 2000. Most Loungers will recommend that you use Windows XP Pro, it has some features that are lacking in Windows XP Home.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Tks.
    But existis an up grade for Wi2000 prof to XP Pro? Or i overwrite the existing old o.s.?
    ah... For the Ram not is problem i have 512 but i buy another 512 to performe Xp pro

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro (not to Windows XP Home).

It is possible to install Windows XP on top of Windows 2000: see How to install or upgrade to Windows XP.

The general recommendation, however, is to backup your data, reformat the hard disk and perform a clean install of Windows XP. You'd have to reinstall all your software and to restore your data.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks