4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Document (no markups) by default (2003)

(Edited by HansV to provide link to post - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Thanks to some wonderful sluething in the following post:

<post#=348647>post 348647</post#>

I found a problem with our documents. There were some tracked changes, which caused the Print dialog to default to "Document showing markup" in the "Print what" list.

Is there a way to make Word default to print just "Document" even if the document does have tracked changes?

This used to be a lot simpler in Word 2000, where you could choose to have changes show up in the screen, the printed document, both, or neither. Whatever selections you made lasted until you changed them for that document. I guess this is a new "Word" feature.

Thanks!!
    Troy

Thanks

Re: Printing Document (no markups) by default (200

I'm sure this change was made (starting in Word 2002) due to the media furor over people not being aware of what their Word documents revealed. Perhaps there is a hack to change the default, should someone want to, but I don't recall seeing one.

I do think we've had a thread or two on trying to pre-set some of the drop-downs or checkboxes in the Print dialog, and some (but not all) of them worked. Of course, there's always SendKeys:

Sub PrintDocumentWithoutMarkup()
    SendKeys "%w{UP}{UP}%c"
    Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
    End Sub

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just to be clear on two points:

1. The Highlight Changes dialog box no longer exists, nor does the option to set whether to print revision marks on a document by document basis.

2. The only possible way to get around this is to use SendKeys in a macro that I could assign to the Print button and CTRL+P shortcuts. While I am comfortable with this personnally, many I work with would not be.

Is that correct?

If so, I guess this is another one of MS's step backwards in the name of "progress".

Thanks!!
    Troy

Thanks

I can't be 100% sure of either (1) or (2), but let's say that the interface is designed to work that way, and while you might be able to resurrect old dialogs from the past, I'm not sure those will override the new Print dialog, either.