5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

no decimals (2003)

Hi and Happy Holidays! Couldn't believe I wrote an expression in a query that worked the very first time, but now I can't make the resulting report show NO DECIMALS in the quotient. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

aunt LInda

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: no decimals (2003)

In the design view of the query, select the column with the expression. Select View, Properties. Experiment with the Format and the Decimal Places properties until you get what you want.
    Francois

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sure it's just some sort of cosmic punishment - I get to do one thing correctly with no hassle at all and my instant karma is to not be able to display NO decimals! No matter what I do - don't care anymore for 2 weeks - on holiday. Thanks for the really prompt reponse - have a great holiday

Linda

Star Lounger
    Thanks

What do you really want to do? If you want 9.87 to show as 9 then set the 'decimal places' property to 0. If you want 9.87 to show as 987 then multipy by 100 & set the 'decimal places' property to 0. if you want 9.87 to show as 10 ie rounded to the nearest integer then try Int([Your Number]+0.5).