New Lounger
    Thanks

Control Can't be clicked (97)

I am calling a form from a control on another form. After some actions, I want the user to be able to return to the first form. The called form has a single command button with DoCmd.Close in its _Click event. The first time in a session, it works as expected. On subsequent calls, the control accepts focus, but does not fire on a mouse -click. If you press <Enter> it fires as expected. If a breakpoint is set in the _Click Sub, it works every time, mouse or <Enter>. Has anyone ever seen this stupid computer trick, and if so what did you do to fix it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Control Can't be clicked (97)

I'm afraid I don't know what could cause this. Could you post a stripped down copy of the database? That would allow Loungers to investigate the problem directly. See <post#=358485>post 358485</post#> for instructions.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Please read the instructions in the link in my previous reply.

New Lounger
    Thanks

My first attempt at a reply failed because my zip was too big. Oh, I just saw the limit. 100K. With everything except the offending forms stripped out, it is still 160K, so I guess there is no way to post the code. Thanks for your quick reply. If you want to send me an address to which I can send the larger file, my email is chucka@efn.org. Thanks again.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

We don't need the complete database; it must be possible to strip away enough from a copy of the database to get the zip below 100 KB while still leaving enough to demonstrate the problem. You can also try creating a new database and importing only the objects needed.

New Lounger
    Thanks

By importing to a new database, and removing the table links, I was able to get it below 100K. You will need the tables which I will attach to my next message. Link all of the tables. To see the stupid computer trick, launch form "frmProducts" click the control ship backorders. When the new form launches, the control "Return" will be selected. The first time you mouseclick it, it may work. On subsequent returns to the form it will ignore the mouseclicks. It does have focus, so if you hit <Enter> it will function. There are several ways I can work around the problem, but I am just frustrated that it insists on ignoring the mouse. My users would be too.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Here are the required tables for the stupid computer trick. Thanks for your attention.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It'll take some time to study it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It was easier than I thought. There are far too many DoCmd.Maximize statements. You need only one for frmProducts and one for frmBackOrders, none for the subforms.
    After compacting, the zip file is MUCH smaller. See attached. (You'll have to relink the tables)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Awesome, Hans. Thank you so much. I have always regarded Maximise as something of a throw-away command, I had no idea it could mess up a control. I am still puzzled by the compacting process, I compacted the file after I imported the objects to the empty database, and yet you were able to compact it another 40K or so. I will be more careful with my maximize commands in the future, a lesson learned. I hope you have a joyous holiday season, and a profitable New Year.