Lounger
    Thanks

Since Installing SP2 ... (XP Pro)

I've been away for awhile, so I am not up to speed regarding SP2. I know it caused alot of problems, but I'm lost from there.

I have very recently installed SP2, and now I can't get some web pages to open properly. For example, I play spades, etc. on Sierra.com, and I play alot on Pogo.com. I can get to their main screens, but can't do anything past that.

Is there some secret as to how to get things back to working like normal? or Should I just uninstall SP2?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Since Installing SP2 ... (XP Pro)

One thing is fer sure, in my opinion, there's too much at stake to un-install SP2. There HAS to be a way for the solution to be found. The first that occurs to me is the "new" WinXP firewall software. Do you have it running and if so, try a short experiment with turning it off. Then try your Sierra game to see if you make it through OK. It's possible that you might have to make modifications to the firewall to allow you to contact certain sites. I don't use the Windows firewall and you just might want to consider using one of the GOOD free firewalls that are available, and reported to be "better" than the built-in. But, one step at a time...

Thanks

As well as Al's suggestion re. the firewall, the new pop-up blocker which is a part of SP2 may be interfering. Try turning it off - Tools>Pop-Up Blocker>Turn Off.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Also try disabling the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker for those sites, or adding the sites to your list of trusted sites in Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security.

StuartR