Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Can't access Options (IE6)

Someone may read this as Windows XP issue. Since the problem surfaces in Internet Explorer, I'll start here.

A few weeks ago I performed a non-destructive reinstall of WinXP(H) on my HP computer. I also downloaded and installed SP2. Today I tried to get into IE's options to change some things, and I got hit with an error message the instant I clicked on Internet Options...: The error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well, I am the system administrator

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't access Options (IE6)

Do you have Spybot Search and Destroy? If so, check Tools > IE Tweaks and see if "Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user)" is on. Turning it off should allow you to access Internet Options again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (3.8 KB, 1 views)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I do have Spybot S&D, but I do not see "IE Tweaks" under Tools. I've check the Help file, but I found no mention of what you describe. BHOs, Browser pages, yes...but no IE Tweaks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently you have an older version of Spybot S&D. Do you have an Immunize tab? If so, it should be in there somewhere, see the thread starting at <post#=262223>post 262223</post#>.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the help, Hans! I fixed the problem by downloading the latest version of Spybot S&D and unchecking the boxes.