Does anyone else have tremendous pain trying to efficiently use offline files or folders? It seams that files just randomly disappear or become unreadable all the time - it is driving me nuts. I have two examples of how poor the offline files system is - If anyone has any suggestions on how I may better utilise it them please let me know...

1. Regularly I will be working on a file on my laptop in the office which I am saving to an offline folder on my PC (Microsoft Programs only - Word or Excel etc..) I will log-off by using the "Stand-by" option in XP and unplug and go home. When I turn the laptop back on, the file I am working on can no longer be found and Word screws up and the file just disappears!!!!! I can't even save another copy of it locally (even though the document is open) and I lose it until I plug back into the network ar the office - How ridiculous is that???

2. This is the weirdest issue I've had and it happened today - I created a Word Document and saved it to an offline folder. I went to email the document to a customer and thought I would make one final change before doing so. I went to the folder and opened the file for editing - I removed the text I wanted gone and tried to re-save the document... For some reason it could not save it so I closed it down and tried to re-open it (I thought I'd just try again)... Turns out, when I go back to the folder that the file has disappeared completely - Not only locally but on my PC - Vanished without a trace - I am absolutely astounded and yet again uncertain that offline files even work ...

I am a heavy technical user of computers so I generally know why things occur or how to recover most situations but this one had me flabbergasted and hence I felt I had to post it here in an attempt to see if anyone else feels the same way about this inferior technology?

THanks
Shannon