3 Star Lounger
    Sydney, Australia, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Thread finished (suggestion)

Hi
    I have a suggestion that I'd like to see in the lounge.
    Sometimes I'm just wandering around, and want to have a go at posts that haven't been answered. But there's no easy way to see if a post has been answered.
    Obviously, if there's no replies, then it's not been answered. But sometimes a reply doesn't mean it's been answered. Perhaps if the original poster (or moderator) could mark the thread as 'finished' or 'answered', that could help.
    And then have a search for un-answered posts.
    Just an idea
    Thanks
    Peter

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Thread finished (suggestion)

About the only one who can tell when a question is answered is the person who asked the original question. Anyone else would just be guessing. It is not realistic to expect that everyone who asks a question will come back and mark the question answered. About as close as you get is the occasional thank you. Another problem is that quite often someone other than the original poster will jump into the middle of a thread and ask a new question that initiates a new discussion. Then who is to say when the thread is complete. Nice idea, but I really don't see how it could work.
    Legare Coleman

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Thread finished (suggestion)

In addition to the reasons Legare explains, some old answers are resurrected for further discussion on closely related questions, and some are revised as a result of version releases.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS