Lounger
    Thanks

Resource Max Units (98)

I am setting up a resource pool and don

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resource Max Units (98)

What I would do is control the available hours for this resource by their calender(set thier availablity at 4 hours per day), then leave the Max Units at 100%. This says the resource is available 100% of the time available as defined on the resource base calendar for this resource. 50% in Max Units says this resource is available 50% of what is defined in the resources base calendar and is used to show if the resource is overallocated in the views displaying that information. If you have a lot of resources that share the same part time schedule you might make multiple base calendars to use for these resources. If you save them to the Organizer you would not have to continue to make the same calendars for multiple projects.

If you are wanting to see resource allocations across multiple projects and this is why you are controlling hours per day allocated to a specific project you might consider as an alternative setting up a shared resource pool file so you would be able to view your resource allocations across multiple projects in a single view.

This is not the only method of managing this scenario, just one that I have used and been successful with.
    Carla

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resource Max Units (98)

Thanks once again Carla!