4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Limited Text Amount in Label (2000)

Hi,
    I have a report where the last page or two I have to have a bunch of text. Nothing fancy just contract legal ease. Because there's so much I can't get all of it in just 1 label, I've had to create 4. When I try to put more in a single label I get "text to big to be edited". So splitting it puts gaps between the labels and it doesn't flow quite right. Any way around this?
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Limited Text Amount in Label (2000)

Put the text in a memo field in a table, and use a text box instead of a label to display it. You could add the table to the record set of the report, or use DLookup, or create a subreport bound to the table.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Why not use a textbox instead of a label? Is the data stored somewhere or are you typing it directly into the caption property of the label? I would recommend storing it in a text or memo field in a table of such static text and then using a DLookup to return the value for the textbox control to use. Otherwise, you could build the string in code and then assign it to the textbox in code like this:

Me.Text1 = strMyText
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried just a text box but got the same "too long to edit message". I'll the try the field in table option. thank you very much.

Deb