Star Lounger
    Thanks

preview vs print for reports (XP/SR3)

I have a report that contains data from the underlying query as well as 4 linked sub-reports. If I ask for a Print Preview of the report, all the data is there. If I then, from the Preview window, ask to Print the report, the data in the sub-reports does not appear and I get the dreaded "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complicated to be evaluated." error (it would be nice if it pointed to the expression it did not like . . .) - actually, one for each sub-report (I assume since there are 4 error messages). Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: preview vs print for reports (XP/SR3)

I don't think we'll be able to say much about this problem without seeing the database. See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions on posting a stripped down copy of a database.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I feared that this would be necessary. Unfortunately, it is a financial database and just about everything is confidential. However, I will follow your instructions for stripping down a database and see if I can 'modify' enough data so that people will not get upset. This might take a while so don't hang by your thumbs waiting.

Cheers.

Graeme.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans - I found the problem. It was sloppy naming on my part. I had a control (text) with a name the same as a numeric field in the underlying query. Strange that it would preview though. The mysteries of microsoft!

Many thanks for your offer of help.

Cheers.

Graeme.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, glad you were able to solve it yourself.