Lounger
    Thanks

Doc Locked for Edit (2002)

Happy holidays!! I'm attaching a document that was emailed to us. When I tried to edit it, I received the error "this command is not available because the document is locked for edit." How do you lock a document for editing? How can I unlock it? I've tried shift, cntrl, F11 which did nothing. I've tried "expanding subdocument" from the outlining tool bar but that command isn't available. Any help is most appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Doc Locked for Edit (2002)

You would need a password to unlock this document. If you select Tools | Unprotect document, you'll be prompted for the password. But you can still copy the contents of this document to a blank new one, and you'll be able to edit...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The document is protected with a password. If you go to Tools > Unprotect Document you will get to put in the password

If you save the file as RTF and then reopen it the file will still be protected but the password will have been removed. You can then go to Tools > Unprotect Document to have a file you can edit freely.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!!! Both suggestions worked like a charm - what would I do without you guys?