5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change MsgBox (2000)

Hi,
    Is it possible to change the way that errors or commands are displayed?
    Normally through either:
    <hr>MsgBox"Are you sure you wish to exit?",vbInformation,"Confirm"<hr>

or the Error Handling in the code.

I'd quite like to make the dull grey boxes more interesting. I'm guessing this needs to be done through individual forms. I've attached an image of what I'd like to do, but it has a blue stripe at the top,which I'd like to remove.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change MsgBox (2000)

You would need to create a form for this; the built-in MsgBox command does not support custom buttons. If you don't want the form to have a title bar, set its Border Style property to None.

P.S. I'm not in favour of jazzing up message boxes. I think developers should stick with the Windows standard. All Windows users are familiar with elements such as message boxes; they don't need to think about how they work. If you display a customized version, the user will have to think about how it works instead of about what it does. If the user doesn't like gray buttons, (s)he can always change the colour in the Display Properties control panel.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I can see your point regarding the message boxes.
    The database is all in a similar fashion to the image previously posted so I was trying to make it all look similar.................over fiddling maybe!
    I shall give it some further thought as to whether this is where I should be going, Thanks Hans!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

FWIW, I agree with Hans - we try to keep our user interface as clean and uncluttered as we can so users can focus on the task at hand, rather than being wowed by the beauty of our graphics.
    Wendell