New Lounger
    Thanks

from OE to Outlook (2003)

I just moved my e-mail deafault from outlook express to outlook 2003. Everything has gone pretty well but for one thing. In OE I had two folders opened on the left side, 1-folders 2-contacts. In contacts, I could select one contact and click on it to open a new e-mail. I have tried everywhich way to do the same in Outlook, but haven't been able to find a way. I am sure there is some way to do this. Any ideas as what to try. Thanks
    H.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: from OE to Outlook (2003)

Try right clicking the contact and selecting "New message to contact"

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that DaveA. It's a little more complicated that that, eh. All I'm asking how to do, is:
    1. I would like to have the Navigation Pane opening in Outlook's mail program open up with my list of 15-20 contacts displayed either in folder or individual so that I may click on, just like it's done in Outlook Express. ie: Folder and Contacts on the left one below the other. If this is not possible, so be it, but I would think that OE being the junior member of the team & free, so to speak, it would stand to reason that it should be able to be done in Outlook. I have looked all around the program but I can't see where it is possible. Am I missing something here?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You shouldn't really think of Outlook Express as a junior version of Outlook; there is some capability overlap, but Outlook is more of a PIM, where OE is a dedicated mail client and news reader, and the implementation and features aren't the same.

Regarding DaveA's recommendation, note that you can also Ctrl-Click multiple non-contiguous Contacts, then from the menu select Actions | New Message to Contact.

The other common way to use e-mail addresses in Outlook is to set the Contacts Folder as an Addressbook, per <!post=Jefferson's Star Post,334705>Jefferson's Star Post<!/post>, and then in the New Message compose window click the 'To' button to bring up the e-mail address list in a window.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS