4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple users entering data into MDB (Access MDB)

I have a silly question. I have one license of Access and an .mdb file on our network drive. I want multiple users to be able to enter data into this database file. I don't, however, want to buy an Access license for each user. Does Access have the ability to output it's forms to allow users to enter data without having a copy of Access? Is this something that has to be written in Visual Basic or something? Thanks for the info.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Multiple users entering data into MDB (Access MDB)

Access does offer that capability if you as a developer purchase the Office Developer Package (called Office Tools for .NET or something like that for Office 2003). With it you can create a runtime version of an Access database and deploy it to people who don't have Access. Otherwise, each user must have Access installed - unless you want to write the complete application in Visual Basic - which is a great deal more work.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple users entering data into MDB (Access

"Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System" is the title. I just bought it, so I can't say much about it, but it does contain a lot of CDs!

Under $500 from you retailer

Jim