Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Default value won't display in full

On a form, I have a text box that displays the numeric "title" of a series of manuals we're writing. Typical examples: 3.0, 3.01, 3.02, and 3.01.1. The field in the table is formatted as Text, not Number. The form picked up the Text formatting from the table, or so I presume. However, I cannot get the decimal portion to display as part of the default value. I want to see "3.0" as the default value, but all I can get is "3." Each time I start a new record, I must key in the "dot zero." I set the format for the field in the table to "@@@@@," but that seems to have had no effect. How do I fix this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default value won't display in full

Check the design of the table carefully. The Default Value property of the field should be "3.0" including the quotes. The Default Value property of the text box bound to the field on the form should either be blank (in which case it will use the default value from the field in the table) or "3.0" including the quotes. The Format property is not important here, you might as well omit it.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default value won't display in full

Ah! Thanks, Hans!